Thursday, April 12, 2007

Pine Tree Bay

After an eventful and somewhat stressful trip to the States the earlier week, this Easter Weekend I decided to rest in my summer retreat on the Croatian Coast. I found the place very inspiring, and finally could catch up with some drawing en plein air. I refer to the many pitoresque towns and fishing villages in the area as a "Pine Tree Bay" - an all-encompassing term that is to capture the impressions childhood innocence and a sense of all permeating security, which is how I feel about this place.
I started doing a picture of the harbor from my balcony with acrylics on canvas. Here's me throwing some initial markings in charcoal. I still haven't finished it, so I left it there and will complete it next time I go back there.


Next, I did couple of them sketches of local boats that to me combined impressions of both stubborn endurance and elegance.


The following two pieces I combined in a comic-like introduction that one day I might further develop.

No comments:

Inktober 2018 - Posse