Thursday, November 30, 2006

Art course

I just had my first lesson in my preparatory class for the Academy of Arts entrance exam next summer. Just basic stuff. As of two weeks from now, however, they'll put me in the real deal - head and figure drawing. Looking forward to it, but it isn't that easy. So many things I didn't know about composition, for example, so I was feeling like a blundering novice. The teacher told me to approach the subject with a series of measurements. Namely:

1. Mark the boundaries of the picture in terms of height and width
2. Measure the objects relative to each other
3. Connect the important points of the with diagonal lines
4. Use grids to position details in the picture
5. Mind the space between objects

The teacher instructed me to draw a simple line drawing, having in mind these five points:

No comments:

Inktober 2018 - Posse